When looking for a new printer or copier for your office, it is important to consider leasing vs buying. The difference between leasing vs buying an office printer is the cost. But before leasing or buying a new printer, you must evaluate your budget. You also need to consider your office’s floor space. That’s because office printers come in various shapes, models, and sizes. The maintenance requirements will also influence your decision.
So, should you lease or buy a new printer for your office? With leasing, you can delegate your printing tasks to a printer leasing company, also called managed print services. You’ll incur the costs for paper, toner, and maintenance services. On the other hand, buying a printer gives you control over the printing device.Are you wondering whether to lease or buy a printer for your office? Learn the circumstance for leasing vs buying an office printer. Click To Tweet
Now, let’s compare the differences between leasing vs buying an office printer.
Benefits of Leasing
If you plan to outsource managed print services, you need to learn the leasing benefits, including:
- Low Upfront Costs: Leasing allows you to obtain a printer at low upfront costs, helping you save money. Most small businesses enjoy this benefit.
- Less Hassle: The companies providing the printers carry out the maintenance services. This reduces the roles and responsibilities in your company.
- No Obsolescence: Obsolescence is a common concern in businesses. You can avoid it by leasing a printer.
Benefits of Buying
Buying a printer is more beneficial than leasing in some instances. Here are the benefits of buying a printer rather than leasing it.
- Less Costly: Purchasing a printer is less costly in the long run than leasing
- It’s an investment: You can still sell a used printer, although it depreciates
- Flexible Maintenance: You can perform maintenance anytime, reducing breakdown cases.
- No Need for Contracts: You don’t have to sign a contract with a third-party service provider when you buy your printer.
Pick What’s Best For You
Now that you understand the benefits of leasing and buying an office printer, you must evaluate your needs and budget. That will help you find what’s best for your business. For instance, you can choose to lease a printer when you don’t have enough capital to buy a printer. If you want to print on a large scale, consider buying a printer.
Platinum Copiers Can Help
If you contemplate leasing vs buying an office printer, you must consider the benefits and disadvantages of every option. Leasing is ideal when you don’t have enough funds to purchase your printer. Thankfully, Platinum Copiers can help you with the leasing.
Contact us to learn other reasons to lease or buy an office printer.